Osbaldwick Primary School have achieved the Silver School Games Award for 2016-17 following our bronze award the year before. This is a national award which celebrates lots of our children completing 2 hours of high quality PE a week but also a large number completing in both inter schools competitions.
Our vision is to give our teachers high quality continual professional development whilst bringing in experts to enhance our provision of sport. Last year this included:
- Staff mentoring for up to 12 staff for half a term each.
- Staff CPD
- Expertise in school
We aim to ensure pupils of all ages are active throughout the day and develop and love of activity and healthy lifestyle choices. Facilitation includes:
- 6 half term lunchtime clubs
- Playleader training allowing years 5/6 pupils to lead lunchtime games under supervision on lunchtime supervisors.
- Intra School Competition for all year groups
- Health related activities targeting the least active.
- Completed Inclusive Action Plan.
- Online consultation tool to identify the least active and what activities they would like to try.
- 6 half terms of after school clubs.
- Chance to Shine – Cricket CPD.
- Access to competitions outside the school games
- School Games Competition Management Results System.
In this academic year 2017-18 we’re aiming for gold. Click on the links to see what that involves.